Terms and Conditions of Service
The Website shall be defined as Vindale.com, a web property managed by iGain LLC
The Service shall be defined as The Vindale Research Panel
The Designated Amount shall be defined as increments of either: (a) $50 USD for residents of the continental United States (b) £25 for residents of the United Kingdom (c) $50 CAD for residents of Canada, or (d) $50 AUD for residents of Australia.
Third Party shall be defined as any website or entity outside of The Website.
The User or Users shall be defined as all visitors or users of this website.
- Residency. You must be a citizen and resident of the United States (limited to the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii), Canada, Australia, or the United Kingdom to visit The Website and use The Service.
- Age. You must be at least eighteen years of age to visit The Website and use The Service. By using The Website, you represent and warrant that all registration and profile information that you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that your use of The Website will not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted at any time, without warning, if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age and you are younger than 18.
- Valid information. Users must be living individuals, and not corporations or any other type of entity. Users must provide a valid e-mail address during registration in order to activate their account with The Website. In addition, any time Users provide information to The Website or in response to any Third Party offer, such information must be accurate and complete and be your own information and not the information of any other person. This includes, but is not limited to, the registration process, User profile, surveys, and any other place where information is requested.
- Comply with laws. The Website and any services provided by The Website are void where prohibited by law and it is the User's sole responsibility to ascertain if it is legal in the User's area to use The Website and any services provided by The Website before using The Website or any services provided by The Website.
- Term. This agreement shall remain in effect in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or are a Member. If The Website terminates your Membership in the Service because you breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees, should any exist, or any monies owed to you by The Website for whatever reason. Even after membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect. The Website has the right to terminate any additional accounts created by the a person whose membership was terminated, without notice.
- Non-commercial Use by Members. The Website is for the personal use of individual Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become Members and should not use the Service or The Website for any purpose. Passwords and compiled names, photos, links, and Web site content are not to be transferred or copied from the Web site for use with any other product or service. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Web site, including collecting Usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Web site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
- Member Responsibilities. You agree to and must use your own contact information, including but not limited to full name and email address, in the registration/sign-up process either on The Website or any Third Party site that The Website directs you to. Under no circumstances may you assume a false identity either with the Website or any Third Party partner of The Website. After you register, it is your responsibility to keep any login information confidential, as you are solely responsible for all actions taken with your account. You are solely responsible for all Content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages or posts, and for your interactions with other members. Should any instances of fraud, system abuse, or any type of activity deemed to be inappropriate or illegal by The Website be detected it may result in member termination and possible legal action. Any false claims made against The Website during or after termination of your membership with us will result in legal action. Any solicitation of advertisers for a confirmation email for purposes of receiving credit in your account will be grounds for immediate termination. You agree to receive e-mails from The Website on a reasonable schedule that may contain advertising or links to Third Party services. In the event your e-mail account on file becomes closed or blocked to messages from The Website, your account may be marked as inactive or terminated.
- Duplicate accounts. Users may not create more than one account with The Website. If a member is
found to have more than one account, their account may be terminated without warning. We do not allow:
- More than one account in the same Household
- More than one account using the same computer
- More than one account with the same mailing address
- Relationship between The Website and The User. You agree that the Website provides access to a rewards program and by accessing the Website and accepting this Agreement you are entering into a membership with the Website. Nothing in this Agreement creates any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative or employment relationship between you and The Website. You understand that you do not have authority to make or accept any offers or make any representations on behalf of The Website. You may not make any statement that would contradict anything in this section.
- Inactivity.The Website urges members to ensure their account remains active by clicking on the
links in all email communications in order to avoid any delay in processing payments or forfeiture of
earnings. Payment requests are removed if a member's account becomes inactive. The automated system that
deactivates Users based on the above criteria runs immediately before payments are processed. Therefore, it
is possible for a member's account to be set to inactive immediately before their payment is processed. A
User's Account will be set to inactive for any of the following reasons:
- Invalid E-mail address.If The Website receives a bounce-back error message or similar message when sending an e-mail to a member, then that member's account will be set to inactive. A bounce-back message may occur if the User has added The Website to their "Ignore list" or marked a message from The Website as SPAM, or for other reasons.
- Failure to confirm email communications.If a member fails to click on a link in 10 consecutive email communications from The Website, their account will be set to inactive. The Website reserves the right to change this number at any time.
- Outdated or inactive contact information.Members are responsible for maintaining accurate and complete contact information and promptly updating such information if a person moves, contact information otherwise changes, or if a member has difficulty with their email service provider. If any payment sent out to a member is returned to us for any reason, including our being provided with inaccurate or outdated contact information, we will continue to hold such payment for up to ninety (90) days and will resend the payment upon request and receipt of correct contact information within the ninety (90) day period. If we do not receive a request to resend payment along with corrected contact information within ninety (90) days then we will destroy the payment, all earnings giving rise to the payment are deemed forfeit, and the payment is forfeited and permanently waived.
- Lack of activity.Members who have not attempted at least one survey for one hundred twenty (120) days are considered inactive.
- Unclaimed earnings. If a member's account is considered inactive for lack of activity, all verified earnings are considered unclaimed and deemed forfeited.
- Membership cancellation. Users may cancel their account any time by clicking the "Cancel Membership" link found at the bottom of any page of The Website. In addition, all e-mails sent to Users include a link to the cancellation page. If a User cancels their account, they will forfeit all earnings in their account and any referrals. In addition, any unprocessed payments for that User are removed and forfeited.
- Permanent removal. If a User's account remains inactive as described above and the User has not attempted to participate in a survey on The Website for a period of one hundred twenty (120) days, then their account will be permanently removed and all cash or other items accrued will be forfeited. In the event of a death of any User, such User's account is automatically and immediately terminated, and all cash or other items accrued in such account are forfeited.
- Non-Use and Nondisclosure Information and content made available to you in The Service may contain trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of suppliers or licensors. You must hold in strict confidence and not disclose to any other person any information and content that you access or learn in connection with your participation in any survey, project, questionnaire, or other market research activity related to The Service. You must not use any such information or content for any purpose other than your participation in The Service in accordance with this Agreement. You hereby agree to notify The Website immediately if you learn of or suspect any use or disclosure of, or access to, any such information or content other than as specifically authorized in the Agreement.
- Cash and payments
- Credit for actions During use of The Website's Services you will have opportunities to earn
money for completing certain actions on Third Party websites. The actions necessary for payment will be
described in detail by The Website before every opportunity.
- Complete actions. If you do not complete all actions listed, The Website is under no obligation to pay you or reimburse you for any expenditure you might have made. Your account will be credited the stated amount after all required actions have been completed and The Website has received confirmation of completion from the Third Party. If the Third Party does not report a completed action when the User feels there should be one, The Website will make its best effort towards ascertaining the status of the action, but is under no obligation to provide payment or reimbursement for any related or non-related expenses. The Website may request proof of completion including, but not limited to, a confirmation email, cancellation email, credit card statement, and proof of participation.
- Tracked actions. The opportunity must be directed through the links provided by The Website; any non-tracked or non-sanctioned actions will not be compensated.
- Duplicate actions. Duplicate actions either made with the same information or with an email alias will not be compensated.
- Confirmation emails. Any solicitation of Third Parties for a confirmation email to be sent to The Website for purposes of receiving credit for an action will be grounds for immediate termination.
- Reimbursed fees. In the event the action requires an up-front expenditure on the part of the User (a product acquisition fee) The Website will clearly mark whether the User will be reimbursed for this fee or not. Any additional fees either at the time of sign-up or at any later date will not be reimbursed by The Website and are the User's sole responsibility. The Website is under no obligation to inform the User of and has no responsibility for reimbursement of any future fees charged for the service provided by the Third Party.
- Tax matters.If you are not a US citizen, but are residing in the US with a visa, you will not be able to participate in our program.
US citizens are responsible for any and all tax liability arising from or associated with your use of this Website, including liability arising from your accrual of Cash or other items. We will require members residing in the United States to provide necessary tax information, including a W-9, prior to receiving payment.
- Your W-9 should include your legal name, physical address that the IRS has on file, your social security number, and your signature and date that you submit the document.
- Under no circumstance will an EIN (Employer Identification Number) or other TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) be accepted in place of a SSN (social security number).
- Under no circumstance will another legal document be accepted in place of a W-9.
- Payment Schedule. All payment dates are subject to change. Payments are processed on the 15th and last business day of
every month. If a payment day falls on a non-business day, payments will be processed on closest prior business day. For example, if the 15th falls on a Saturday, payments will be processed on Friday the 14th.
To be included in a payment cycle, you must:
- have a verified balance that is greater than or equal to The Designated Amount,
- have completed the required portion of your member profile with valid information.
- not have a prior pending payment request. If you have a prior pending request, you must wait until it has been processed to request a new payment
Requests for payment outside of this schedule will NOT be honored. You may only elect to receive payment via PayPal , subject to the terms listed below.
- PayPal Payments. To accept a PayPal payment, you must have a verified PayPal account.
PayPal payments are normally issued within 5 business days after the payment request deadline.
PayPal payments may or may not be immediately funded and therefore may take up to 5 business days to
fully process. You are solely responsible for any fees
associated with using PayPal, including, but not limited to, currency exchange fees. If your Payment
has a status other than complete it will take longer to receive a payment.
Lost PayPal payments. Payment re-issue can take up to 1-4 weeks depending on the reason. Once you have requested payment in accordance with the instructions on The Website, you will receive an email about the steps necessary to accept payment. Members are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the PayPal account information supplied to the Website. The Website is not responsible for payments that are accepted by an unknown party in cases where the Member supplied an incorrect or misspelled PayPal email address.
- Payment Method Changes. The Website reserves the right to change the payment method(s) made available to a member and/or the payment method selected by a member without prior notification.
- Proof of Identity In order to mitigate fraud, the Website reserves the right to request photo identification or other reasonable proof of identity from a member requesting payment. If proof of identity is requested, payment will be held until all requested documents have been received and approved by The Website. Failure to provide adequate proof of identity within a timely manner will result in forfeiture of any payment due.
- Credit for actions During use of The Website's Services you will have opportunities to earn money for completing certain actions on Third Party websites. The actions necessary for payment will be described in detail by The Website before every opportunity.
- Credit Issues. If you are having problems receiving credit for completion of a product evaluation, you may contact The Website through the provided methods to attempt to resolve the issue. You must submit your request for credit adjustment by the 3rd day of the month after which you took the product evaluation. For example, if you completed a product evaluation on April 23rd but did not receive the proper credit, you must submit a complete and accurate formal request for credit adjustment on or before May 3rd so that The Website has time to work with its partners to address the problem. The process of manually crediting a member can take between two and three weeks once all needed information has been received from the member.
- Fraud prevention.The Website reserves the right to request further information from you to ensure you have not fraudulently completed offers or participated in offers with no intent to ultimately go through or honor the offer. This information may include, but is not limited to, a copy of the credit card statement that was used to complete the offers, in order to ensure a stolen credit card was not used. The Website reserves the right to place any payment request on hold, for any reason, until the requested information has been provided by you. Ample notice will be given to you to provide this information. If you do not provide this information before their payment is scheduled to be processed, your Account will be suspended until you do so. All decisions by The Website regarding fraud or suspected fraud are binding and final.
- Delivery locationMembers are responsible for selecting a secure and reliable mail delivery address for their payments and other communications. We are not responsible for any stolen or lost payments and will not reissue payments allegedly claimed improperly by Third Parties so long as such payment was sent to the address as indicated in your account information at the time such payment was issued.
- Product returnsAt the discretion of the Third Party and/or the Website, products and services purchased via links available on the Website and then returned and/or canceled may be subject to a credit reversal in the Member's account.
- Referrals When members choose to use The Service's Friend Referral program, the member is provided a link, through which new members may join. While there is no limit to the number of referrals that a single member may solicit, The Service has a Zero Tolerance policy for spam and if a member is found to be spamming or employing spam-like tactics to get referrals, their account will be suspended and further action may be taken. The Website reserves the right to request further information from any referrals at any time to verify their identity. If verification is not successful, The Website reserves the right to revoke referral credits and bar members from further referring other members. If a person joins The Service through a current member's link, then that member is eligible for a referral credit to their account as long as the following conditions are met:
- The referring member has not assumed a false identity either with the Website or any Third-Party Partner. This includes but is not limited to impersonating an employee or representative of the Website or any Third-Party Partner
- The referring member has not made any untrue or exaggerated statements when advertising The Website or engaged in any unfair or deceptive trade practice as defined by law. If a User has a specific question as to whether or not a particular advertising method is acceptable, they should contact member support prior to engaging in that action.
- The person joining The Service is not currently a member of the Website nor have they ever been a member at any point.
- The new member successfully signs up and completes the required number of opportunities as stated on the website
- The entire process from sign-up to verified completion of a survey or study is within 30 days of clicking on the original member's link. Because this service requires a tracking cookie to ensure that the existing member be credited, all parties must have cookies enabled for the duration of the above transaction
- The referring member has not offered an incentive of any form, including (but not limited to) cash, virtual currency, or gift cards, to prospective referrals for using their link to sign up for the Website
- Images, text, screenshots, or other materials used in conjunction with promotion of the Website have not been altered or manipulated
- The member has an active account at the time the referral credit is earned
- Third Party Content. The Website's site contains links vto other Third Party websites. The Website is under no obligation to remove or correct inclusion of or links to unintended, objectionable, antiquated or erroneous content. The Website will not be held responsible for any loss of data or monies regarding your use of these Third Party websites. Use of or links to Third Party websites is not an endorsement of their services. The Website is not affiliated with any listed products, brands, or merchants. Trademarks, service marks, and/or logos (including individual product names) are the property of their respective owners, who have no association with and make no endorsement of the products and services provided by The Website.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on The Website. You acknowledge and agree that the Service uses and contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in these Terms of Service, you agree not to modify, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service in whole or in part for any purpose whatsoever. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by The Website for use in accessing the Service.
- Image contributions. You may only upload or submit photos that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person. You warrant that you have permission from all persons appearing in your photos for you to make this contribution and grant rights described herein. You may not contribute photos that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, obscenity or pornography or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations. You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. By uploading a photo, (a) you grant The Service a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in such photo; and (b) you certify that any person pictured in the submitted photograph (or, if a minor, his/her parent/guardian) authorizes The Service to use, copy, print, display, reproduce, modify, publish, post, transmit and distribute the photo and any material included in such photo; and (c) you agree to indemnify The Service and its directors, officers and employees and hold them harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising from the photo and/or your failure to comply with these rules.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
- The Website is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Web site or in connection with the Service, whether caused by Users of the Web site, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service.
- The Website is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Web site or Member of the Service. The Website assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User or Member communications.
- The Website is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service.
- Under no circumstances will The Website be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from anyone's use of the Web site or the Service, any Content posted on the Web site or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between Users of the Web site, whether online or offline.
- The Web site and the Service are provided "AS-IS" and The Website expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Website cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Web site and/or the Service.
- The service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from The Website or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms of Service.
- Customer Support Rights and Obligations. The Website will make a best effort to address any and all support tickets in a timely manner. If you generate a support ticket that either duplicates the content of a currently open ticket or requests information that is clearly stated in the FAQ, The Website reserves the right to close the ticket without further response. Should a member be found to be (a) abusing the support system by making excessive or redundant requests for support, (b) chronically failing to cooperate with the requests for assistance from a Support Specialist, or (c) refusing to supply necessary documentation to resolve account issues, the member's account will be terminated and the member will forfeit any current balance, or outstanding requests, that do not meet the terms of payment at the time of the termination.
- Promotional Materials. Any suggested compensation or value listed in promotional materials is a potential dollar amount or value as provided to The Website by the Third Party. This stated dollar amount or value listed is not a guarantee of compensation. Under no circumstances will The Website be held responsible for all or any part of the stated compensation or value.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving The Website and/or the Service, by using The Website, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of the State of New York, City of New York.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Website, its affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees from any claim, action, demand, loss or damages (including attorneys' fees) made or incurred by any Third Party arising out of or relating to the your use of The Website, the Service provided by The Website, your violation of these Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of a Third Party.
- Other. This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Web site and further affirmed by becoming a Member of The Website, contains the entire agreement between you and The Website regarding the use of the Web site and/or the Service. The failure of The Website to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
LAST UPDATED 1/06/2015